Important Concepts: Is my ex in a rebound relationship?
– The easiest way to tell if your ex is in a rebound relationship is to find out if their new fling is one of the first people they met after you guys broke up. If you find that they’ve skipped the dating and screening process altogether and started dating the first person they found, its probably because they are still emotionally fragile. Basically, they are looking for the easiest and quickest way to help ease their emotional pain and loneliness; desperation and haste are the hallmarks of a rebounder.
– Another important sign that your ex is in a rebound relationship is if you hear from friends that they are comparing their new fling to you. Ie. “This new girl is really cool, but shes not as tall or quirky as my ex.” This shows that you still are a large factor in their decision making process.
– If you find that your ex deliberately tries to find ways to communicate how happy they are in their new relationship, it means they’re not dating this person to make their life better, they’re doing to send a message to you. A clear indication of person on the rebound.
– In order to re-build your ex’s attraction and trust towards you you must understand the 4 ESSENTIAL steps to rebuilding a broken relationship – Learn them now! (Dont miss these FREE tips!)
Now on to “Is my ex in a rebound relationship?” | The 4 Signs –
#4- Their new fling is a lot like you
Grief and loss are strange human conditions – they often cause us to panic and to try to fill the void in our lives with something as close to what we lost as possible. If you’ve ever had a pet die you’ll know what I’m talking about, there is an urge to go out and buy another one to replace the one you’ve lost – but its never quite the same.
Break ups are no different, your ex will have an overwhelming urge to replace you – with you. They will find themselves intensely drawn to other people who share similar looks and qualities as you)
If you find their new fling is oddly similar to you, its because your ex is not over you yet, and they are looking for comfort in familiarity.
#3 – Their new fling was pretty much the first person they met after you broke up
Rebounders always suffer from the inability to be alone and to feel comfortable in their own skin – they need other people around to help drown out the pain of a break up.
If your ex’s new fling was one of the first people they met it wasn’t because the stars aligned and fate timed it perfectly – it was because they skipped the screening process of dating and took the first person they could find.
Your ex feels better with this person around and probably even believe that their new fling is perfect for them. In reality though, they probably wont last, the minute your ex recovers from the break up, their head clears and their long-term dating standards return – they will realize that this person does not quite measure up.
Ill say it again, desperation and haste are the hallmarks of a rebounder.
#2 – They went from 0 to 60 in under 3 dates
I describe a person on the rebound to be on an emotional roller coaster; their emotions, as well as MAJOR life decisions and opinions will change day-to-day or even hour-to-hour whereas someone who is not on the rebound will takes months or years to come to similar findings. In short, people on the rebound are unpredictable, lost and erratic.
In a rebound relationship this erratic behavior will present itself as the need to rush the relationship to replace their old one as quickly as possible. We all know this is impossible – but a rebounder truly believes that the answer to their pain is to fall in love again within a matter of days.
If your ex is talking about moving in with their new fling, talking about loving them after 3 dates or showing any other signs of an usually rushed relationship, its because they are on the rebound and desperately trying to force a return to a life that they recognize.
Is My Ex In A Rebound Relationship? – The #1 sign – They’ve made sure you know all about their new relationship, and how much happier they are in it.
The opposite of love is not hate, its apathy.
If you find your ex seems to hate you or is mad at you and is trying to rub their new relationship in your face, its because they still care about you – how ironic is that?
If your ex is actively trying to get to find out about their new relationship, through friends, Facebook or whatever, its because you are still on their mind.
Someone who was not on the rebound and did not care about you anymore would not even consider you in their decision making – they would ignore you, become non-nonchalant and might even hide their new relationship from you out of pity.
Always remember, if there is still intense emotion, whether jealously, anger or hatred – there are still underlying feelings of love.Where there is an ice-cold calm and or an “Im really sorry” demeanor from your ex – the love is dead and no rebound feelings exist.
However, no matter your situation, if you do decide that want to get your ex back before its too late, there is still hope….
I would strongly encourage you to learn the 4 steps to reconnecting with an ex as this is a delicate and sensitive time in your relationship. I go into great detail about the 4 first moves to effectively reconnect with your ex and how to get a “second first date”. Check it out now – FREE!
Ref: Study, rebound Img:Photostock
Latest posts by Nathan Joseph, BA (Hons) (see all)
- Your Ex Says They Are Confused? – 3 Things You Need to Know - June 3, 2016
- Your Ex Has Moved On – Is There Still A Chance? - June 2, 2016
- 8 Ways to Convince Your Ex to Come Back To You - February 13, 2014
- How To Get (and Keep) A Boyfriend: The 4 Absolutely Essential Traits - January 23, 2014
- Making Your Move On A Girl: 3 Unstoppable Techniques - January 23, 2014